Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Hersonissos, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Relaxing and quaint, this city also attracts tourists with its sporting events. Top sights around the area include Palace of Knossos, Heraklion Archaeological Museum, and Natural History Museum of Crete.
- There are 356 hotels and other accommodations in Hersonissos
- The closest major airport is in Heraklion (HER-Nikos Kazantzakis), 11.2 mi (18 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Hersonissos
Families come for attractions such as Labyrinth Park, Aquaworld Aquarium, and Acqua Plus Water Park. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Sarandaris Beach and Stalis Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Crete Golf Club and Sarakino.
In Hersonissos, there are 356 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Stella Island Luxury resort & Spa - Adults Only - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and beach locale.
- Creta Solaris Holliday Apartments - Our customers like the quiet location at this aparthotel. With a stay at this 4-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a café, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Koutouloufari Village Holiday Club - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
Popular places to visit around the area include Palace of Knossos, located 11.7 mi (18.8 km) from the city center, and Heraklion Archaeological Museum, which is 13.3 mi/21.4 km away.
Dressing for Hersonissos
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 65°F during the day and 48°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 52°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 65°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 77°F and nighttime averages of 50°F
- About 0.83 inches of rain falls on Hersonissos each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas February and March are often coldest, averaging 48°F