Visitors to Hjelmeland are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. A top sight in the area is Preikestolen.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in Hjelmeland
- The closest major airport is in Stavanger (SVG-Sola), 36.7 mi (59.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Haugesund (HAU-Karmoy), 43.2 mi (69.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hjelmeland
A couple of favorite places to visit are Skomakarnibbå and World's Largest Traditional Jær Chair. Additionally, you'll find Preikestolen in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Hjelmeland. This is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Spa-hotell Velvære - This 4-star hotel features a marina, a full-service spa, and free breakfast.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Norwegian Petroleum Museum, 29.8 mi/48 km from the city center, and Stavanger Cathedral, which is 30.1 mi/48.4 km away.
Dressing for Hjelmeland
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 45°F during the day and 29°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 63°F, while the average at night is 34°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 65°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 55°F and nighttime averages of 33°F
- Average annual rainfall for Hjelmeland is 1.30 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 63°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 31°F