Visitors can enjoy all that Ierapetra has to offer including the temples, coffeehouses, and mountain views. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its waterfront.
- There are 132 hotels and other accommodations in Ierapetra
- The closest major airport is in Sitia (JSH), 24.9 mi (40 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Heraklion (HER-Nikos Kazantzakis), 39.2 mi (63 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ierapetra
The city's natural beauty is on display at Koutsounari Long Beach, Waterfall of Milona, and Agia Fotia Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ierapetra Archaeological Museum and Ierapetra Venetian Fort.
In Ierapetra, there are 132 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Koutsounari Traditional Cottages - This 4-star aparthotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a game room. Expedia travelers love its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Sarikampos Beach - Our customers like the beach locale and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and a children's pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- CHC Coriva Beach - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Spinalonga Castle, located 20.1 mi (32.3 km) from the center of the city.
Dressing for Ierapetra
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 65°F during the day and 48°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 52°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 65°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 77°F and nighttime averages of 50°F
- Average annual rainfall for Ierapetra is 0.83 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas February and March are often coldest, averaging 48°F