Visitors can enjoy all that Kithulgala has to offer including the riverfront, rainforests, and restaurants. The relaxing and welcoming setting also entices those visiting the city.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodations in Kithulgala
- The closest major airport is in Colombo (CMB-Bandaranaike Intl.), 39 mi (62.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Kithulgala
Places to visit in the larger region include Aberdeen Waterfall, Laxapana Falls, and Kadiyanlena/Kataboola Falls. Additionally, you'll find Kotmale Reservoir Viewpoint and Japan Peace Temple in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Kithulgala. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Palmstone Retreat - Kithulgala is located in the heart of Kithulgala. This 4.5-star hotel in Kithulgala features 3 indoor pools, free breakfast, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and room size.
- Ceylon Adventures is located in central Kithulgala. This resort in Kithulgala features free breakfast, a restaurant, and a free airport shuttle.
- Girankiththa Eco Resort is located 0.9 mi (1.4 km) from the city center. This 3-star hotel in Kithulgala features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free parking.
Dressing for Kithulgala
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 89°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 72°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 76°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 76°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 73°F as the nighttime average
- Kithulgala gets about 3.11 inches of rain per year
- April and March are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 73°F