Travelers to Leavenworth give high marks for the shopping, magnificent mountain views, and riverfront. Walkable and welcoming, this city attracts tourists with its breweries and restaurants.
- You'll find 511 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Wenatchee - Lake Chelan
- The closest major airport is in Wenatchee, WA (EAT-Pangborn Memorial), 39.7 mi (63.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Leavenworth
Cultural venues in the city include Leavenworth Nutcracker Museum, Leavenworth Summer Theater, and Upper Valley Museum. The hiking trails, mountain views, and riverfront highlight the city's natural beauty, and Glacier View Campground, Lake Wenatchee, and Lake Wenatchee State Park are worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Kahler Glen Golf & Ski Resort and Cove Resort.
In Leavenworth, you'll be able to select from 280 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Granite Hills Inn - This 3-star bed & breakfast features ski slopes, free breakfast, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Fox Den Bed and Breakfast - Our customers like the central location and helpful staff at this B&B. This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Cashmere Mountain Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and room size.
Getting Around Leavenworth
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Leavenworth Station. Leavenworth may not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Leavenworth
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 58°F and the nighttime average to be 19°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 82°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 37°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 73°F during the day and 18°F at night
- About 25.04 inches of rain falls on Leavenworth each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 86°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 20°F