Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Oct 18, 2020
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Malevizi, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Rural and tucked away, this city also attracts tourists with its water parks. Around the area, top sights include Natural History Museum of Crete, Heraklion Archaeological Museum, and Palace of Knossos.
- There are 161 hotels and other accommodations in Malevizi
- The closest major airport is in Heraklion (HER-Nikos Kazantzakis), 5.9 mi (9.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Malevizi
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Ammoudara Beach, Psaromoura Beach, and Mononaftis Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Tylissos and Museum of El Greco.
In Malevizi, you'll find 161 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Anatoli Apartments - This 2-star aparthotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and a poolside bar. Expedia travelers love its quiet location and room size.
- Happy Cretan Suites - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Creta Sun Hotel Studios - This 2.5-star apartment features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Natural History Museum of Crete, 3.3 mi/5.2 km from the heart of the city, and Heraklion Archaeological Museum, which is 3.8 mi (6.1 km) away.
Dressing for Malevizi
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 65°F and the nighttime average to be 48°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 52°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 65°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 50°F at night
- Malevizi gets about 0.83 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are February and March with an average of 48°F