Visitors to Martinsville are sure to enjoy the shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's churches, festivals, and university setting. A top sight in the city is Martinsville Speedway.
- There are 17 hotels and other accommodations in Martinsville
- The closest major airport is in Danville, VA (DAN-Danville Regional), 30.6 mi (49.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Greensboro, NC (GSO-Piedmont Triad Intl.), 40.7 mi (65.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Martinsville
Cultural venues in the city include Harvester Performance Center, Martinsville-Henry County Heritage Center and Museum, and Virginia Museum of Natural History. The picturesque setting of Richard P. Gravely Jr. Nature Preserve and Gilly's Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Liberty Fair Mall is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Martinsville. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Claiborne House - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Early Inn at the Grove - Our customers like the bar and helpful staff at this B&B. With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rocky Mount - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and room size.
Other top sights in Martinsville include Martinsville Speedway. Popular places to visit in the area include Booker T. Washington National Monument, 30.6 mi/49.2 km from the heart of the city, and Smith Mountain Lake, which is 27.9 mi/44.9 km away.
Dressing for Martinsville
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 65°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 24°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 24°F as the nighttime average
- About 45.12 inches of rain falls on Martinsville each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 86°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 25°F