Visiting Port Blair
Visitors to Port Blair are sure to enjoy the seaside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theme park, monuments, and local tours.
- There are 36 hotels and other accommodations in Port Blair
- The closest major airport is in Port Blair (IXZ-Vir Savarkar), 4.6 mi (7.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Port Blair
Notable city landmarks like Aberdeen Clock Tower and Cellular Jail might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and Corbyn's Cove. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Anthropological Museum and Rajiv Gandhi Water Sports Complex.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 36 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Port Blair. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Sinclairs Bayview Port Blair - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and beach locale.
- J Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
Dressing for Port Blair
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 99°F during the day and 63°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 99°F, while the average at night is 73°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 73°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 91°F and nighttime averages of 63°F
- Port Blair gets about 3.90 inches of rain per year
- Usually April and March are the hottest months with an average of 97°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 64°F