Visiting Port Charlotte
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Port Charlotte, and visitors give high marks for the bustling port and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its shopping.
- You'll find 443 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Port Charlotte - Charlotte Harbor
- The closest major airport is in Punta Gorda, FL (PGD-Charlotte County), 8 mi (12.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fort Myers, FL (RSW-Southwest Florida Intl.), 38.1 mi (61.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Port Charlotte
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Port Charlotte Beach Park and Cape Haze Pioneer Trail Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Cultural Center of Charlotte County and Lake Betty Park.
In Port Charlotte, you'll be able to select from 67 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Tropical Paradise Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Hampton Inn Port Charlotte - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Sleep Inn And Suites - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its comfortable rooms and walkable location.
A popular place to see outside the city is Venice Beach, 23.2 mi/37.4 km from the center of the city.
Dressing for Port Charlotte
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 51°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 92°F, while the average at night is 59°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 71°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 52°F
- About 50.71 inches of rain falls on Port Charlotte each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 92°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 53°F