Visitors to Pretoria are sure to enjoy the shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés, entertainment choices, and zoo. Top sights in the city include Kruger Museum and Voortrekker Monument.
- You'll find 1131 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Johannesburg
- The closest major airport is in Pretoria (PRY-Wonderboom), 6.4 mi (10.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Johannesburg (HLA-Lanseria), 20.9 mi (33.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pretoria
Cultural venues in the city include Kruger Museum, State Theatre, and Kruger House Museum. The city's natural beauty is on display at Burgers Park, National Zoological Gardens of South Africa, and Freedom Park Heritage Site & Museum. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Hatfield Plaza, Brooklyn Mall, and Menlyn Park Shopping Centre.
In Pretoria, you'll find 199 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Castello di Monte - This 5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Bohemian House - Our customers like the quiet location and helpful staff at this guesthouse. This 5-star guesthouse features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Opikopi Guest House - Guests who stay at this 5-star guesthouse in Constantia Park can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Other top sights in Pretoria include Voortrekker Monument. In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Lesedi Cultural Village, 20 mi/32.2 km from the heart of the city, and Montecasino, which is 22.1 mi (35.6 km) away.
Dressing for Pretoria
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 59°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 79°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 40°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 84°F and nighttime averages of 56°F
- About 28.66 inches of rain falls on Pretoria each year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas June and July are often coldest, averaging 42°F