Visitors can enjoy all that Rennesoy has to offer including the restaurants and shopping. Top sights around the area include Norwegian Petroleum Museum, Stavanger Cathedral, and Stavanger Museum.
- You'll find 122 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Stavanger
- The closest major airport is in Stavanger (SVG-Sola), 14.6 mi (23.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Haugesund (HAU-Karmoy), 23.9 mi (38.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rennesoy
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Norwegian Petroleum Museum, Stavanger Cathedral, and Stavanger Museum. In the area, you'll also find Museum of Archaeology and Kvadrat Shopping Center.
As you make plans for a getaway to Rennesoy, the best accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 57 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Fjordbris Hotell is 3.6 mi (5.8 km) from the city's heart. This 3.5-star aparthotel in Osthusvik features free WiFi, free parking, and concierge services.
- Utstein Kloster Hotell is located within 2.4 mi (3.9 km) of the city center. This 3-star hotel in Mosteroy features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Preikestolen, 19.6 mi/31.6 km from the city center.
Dressing for Rennesoy
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 45°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 29°F
- From April to June, the average is 63°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 65°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 55°F as the daytime average and 33°F as the nighttime average
- Rennesoy gets about 1.30 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 63°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 31°F