Visiting San Gimignano
Visitors to San Gimignano are sure to enjoy the wineries. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, cafés, and cathedral. Collegiate Church of Santa Maria Assunta, Roman Theatre, and Stadio Artemio Franchi are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 272 hotels and other accommodations in San Gimignano
- The closest major airport is in Florence (FLR-Peretola), 24.4 mi (39.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in San Gimignano
Cultural venues in the city include San Gimignano Communal Palace, Museum of Sacred Art, and Medieval Criminal and Torture Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Collegiate Church of Santa Maria Assunta, Torre Grossa, and Loggia del Comune. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Piazza della Cisterna and Torre Rognosa.
In San Gimignano, you'll find 272 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Torraccia di Chiusi - With a stay at this farm stay in Val d'Elsa, guests can enjoy access to a winery and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- La Fornace di Racciano - Our customers like the convenient parking and quiet location at this townhouse accommodation. This townhouse accommodation in Val d'Elsa features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Hotel Le Colline - Guests who stay at this 3-star property in Val d'Elsa can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
Top places to visit in the area include Roman Theatre, located 10.3 mi (16.5 km) from the heart of the city, and Stadio Artemio Franchi, which is 17.4 mi (28 km) away.
Dressing for San Gimignano
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 66°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 43°F
- From April to June, the average is 88°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 61°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 78°F as the daytime average and 45°F as the nighttime average
- San Gimignano gets about 31.22 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 44°F