Visitors can enjoy all that Sarnath has to offer including the temples, archaeological sites, and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its museums.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Sarnath
- The closest major airport is in Varanasi (VNS-Babatpur), 11.9 mi (19.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Sarnath
Notable city landmarks like Mulagandha Kuti Vihara Monastery and Dharmarajika Stupa might be worth a visit. Additionally, you might want to add Sarlath Museum to your agenda.
As you start planning your visit to Sarnath, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 155 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Hotel SGT Plaza is located in the heart of Sarnath. This 3-star hotel in Sarnath features a restaurant, free valet parking, and a rooftop terrace.
- OYO 15027 Hotel Lotus International is located in central Sarnath. This 3-star hotel in Sarnath features free breakfast.
- Ramada Plaza JHV is located within 0.4 mi (0.6 km) of the city center. This 5-star hotel in Varanasi features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. Our customers like its overall value and proximity to shopping.
Dressing for Sarnath
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 100°F during the day and 55°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 107°F, while the average at night is 71°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 97°F with nighttime averages of 76°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 96°F and nighttime averages of 56°F
- Sarnath gets about 1.26 inches of rain per year
- Usually May and April are the hottest months with an average of 104°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 56°F