Visitors can enjoy all that Seongnam has to offer including the aquarium, parks, and entertainment choices. Tourists can also enjoy the city's basketball games and opera houses. Top sights around the area include COEX Convention and Exhibition Center, National Museum of Korea, and Dongdaemun Market.
- You'll find 291 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Suwon
- The closest major airport is in Seoul (GMP-Gimpo Intl.), 20 mi (32.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Seoul (ICN-Incheon Intl.), 36.6 mi (58.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Seongnam
Cultural venues in the city include Seongnam Arts Center, Academy of Korean Studies, and Land & Housing Museum. Attractions like Bundang Sports Center, Singu Daehak Arboretum, and Seongnam Botanical Garden are fun for kids of all ages. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Yuldong Park and Jeongja Cafe Street.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Seongnam. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- JS Hotel Bundang - This 3.5-star hotel in Bundang-gu features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and breakfast.
- Courtyard by Marriott Seoul Pangyo - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 4-star hotel in Pangyo Techno Valley features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Militopia Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Popular places to see around the area include COEX Convention and Exhibition Center, located 7.9 mi (12.8 km) from the heart of the city, and National Museum of Korea, which is 11 mi/17.7 km away.
Getting Around Seongnam
You can walk to nearby metro stations including Yatap Station, Pangyo Station, and Imae Station. If you'd like to venture out around the area, you may want a rental car for your journey.
Dressing for Seongnam
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 56°F during the day and 14°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 82°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 52°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 72°F and nighttime averages of 19°F
- Average annual rainfall for Seongnam is 0.98 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 85°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 19°F