Visitors to Sitka are sure to enjoy the waterfront. This city also attracts tourists with its scenic landscape.
- There are 20 hotels and other accommodations in Sitka
- The closest major airport is in Sitka, AK (SIT), 10.4 mi (16.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Angoon, AK (AGN-Angoon Seaplane Base), 34.2 mi (55.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sitka
Cultural venues in the city include Sitka Sound Science Center, Sitka Historical Society and Museum, and Sheldon Jackson Museum. Attractions like Alaska Raptor Center and Fortress of the Bear are fun for everyone, not just kids. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Sheet'ka Kwaan Naa Kahidi Tribal Community House and St. Michael's Cathedral.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 20 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Sitka. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Longliner Lodge and Suites - With a stay at this 2.5-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to free parking and self-service laundry, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Aspen Suites Hotel Sitka - Our customers like the central location and clean rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a 24-hour fitness center.
- Sitka's Eagle Bay Inn - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
Dressing for Sitka
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 45°F and the nighttime average to be 32°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 59°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September averages 62°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 54°F during the day and 33°F at night
- About 86.73 inches of rain falls on Sitka each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 61°F, while the coldest months are February and March with an average of 32°F