Find Hotels in Takayama
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Aug 8, 2020
Visitors to Takayama are sure to enjoy the mountain views and local tours. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals, temples, and museums.
- There are 142 hotels and other accommodations in Takayama
- The closest major airport is in Toyama (TOY), 34.9 mi (56.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Komatsu (KMQ), 50 mi (80.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Takayama
The city's cultural venues include Takayama Yatai Kaikan and Hida-no-Sato. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Takayama Jinya, Kusakabe Mingei-kan, and Shorenji Temple. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountain views and these places to visit: Shiroyama Park, Anbozan, and Mount Norikura.
In Takayama, you'll find 142 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- ANCHOR SITE - Located in Hida Takayama Onsen, this 3-star guesthouse features free WiFi, a living room, and an LCD TV. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location.
- Oyado Yamakyu - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this ryokan. Guests who stay at this 3-star ryokan in Hida Takayama Onsen can enjoy access to free parking and free train station pick-up, along with free WiFi.
- Wanosato - With a stay at this 4.5-star ryokan, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room deep soaking tub. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
A popular place to see outside the city is Kappa Bridge, 22.8 mi/36.7 km from the center of the city.
Getting Around Takayama
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Hidafurukawa station. Takayama might not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Takayama
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 57°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 33°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 60°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 36°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.54 inches of rain falls on Takayama each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 86°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 34°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Takayama?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Takayama, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Takayama?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Takayama?
Where is the best hotel for a stay in Hida Takayama Onsen?
What's a favorite place to stay in Old Town?
What's the best accommodation for families in Takayama?
What's the best accommodation for a couple visiting Takayama?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Takayama?
Where is the best place to stay near Shinhotaka Ropeway?
What about the best place to stay close to Ciao Ontake Snow Resort?
Recent reviews of Takayama hotels
More trip options
- Takayama Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Takayama Airports
- Hotels in Takayama Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Takayama Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Takayama
- More Hotel Options in Takayama
- More Popular Hotels in Gifu
- Other Hotels near Takayama, Gifu
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends