Visitors to Toulon are sure to enjoy the waterfront and coffeehouses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, monuments, and theaters. Top sights in the city include Musee National de la Marine and Tour Royale.
- You'll find 613 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Toulon - Hyeres
- The closest major airport is in Toulon (TLN-Toulon - Hyeres), 11.7 mi (18.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Toulon
The city's cultural venues include Musee National de la Marine and Hotel des Arts. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Toulon Beach and Magaud Beach. Exploring the waterfront is just one of the top activities, while Toulon Marina and Port of Toulon are sights to visit.
In Toulon, you'll find 65 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Toulon - Sainte-Musse - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Les Voiles Hôtel - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Le Mourillon can enjoy access to a terrace and free WiFi.
- Best Western Plus La Corniche - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Le Mourillon can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Other top sights in Toulon include Tour Royale. Popular places to see in the area include Parc St-Bernard, 9.8 mi/15.8 km from the heart of the city, and Tour des Templiers, which is 10 mi/16 km away.
Getting Around Toulon
With so many choices for transportation, seeing all of Toulon is simple. If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Toulon Station. You can learn about your water travel options at the port.
Dressing for Toulon
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 60°F during the day and 40°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 79°F, while the average at night is 45°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 57°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 73°F and nighttime averages of 41°F
- Average annual rainfall for Toulon is 0.91 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 40°F