Visitors to Bandol are sure to enjoy the spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's waterfront and golf courses. Musee National de la Marine, Tour Royale, and Calanques National Park are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 811 hotels and other accommodations in Bandol
- The closest major airport is in Toulon (TLN-Toulon - Hyeres), 20.6 mi (33.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Marseille (MRS-Marseille - Provence), 34.1 mi (54.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bandol
The city's natural beauty is on display at Charmettes Beach, Ile de Bendor, and Plage de Portissol. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Circuit Paul Ricard and Golf Dolce Frégate.
In Bandol, there are 811 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hôtel et Spa du Castellet - This 5-star hotel features 2 indoor pools, a full-service spa, and a golf course.
- Hôtel & Spa Île Rousse by Thalazur - Our customers like the beach locale and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Hôtel Bel Ombra - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean rooms.
Popular places to see around the area include Musee National de la Marine, located 8.9 mi (14.2 km) from the city center, and Tour Royale, which is 8.9 mi/14.4 km away.
Getting Around Bandol
If you want to journey outside of the area, ride aboard a train from Bandol Station, Ollioules-Sanary-sur-Mer Station, or Saint-Cyr-les-Lecques Station. Bandol might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Bandol
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 60°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 40°F
- From April to June, the average is 79°F during the day and 45°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 73°F as the daytime average and 41°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Bandol is 0.91 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 40°F