Visitors to Tunis are sure to enjoy the cafés. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, architecture, and museums. Top sights in the city include Habib Bourguiba Avenue, Carrefour Market, and La Goulette Beach.
- There are 260 hotels and other accommodations in Tunis
- The closest major airport is in Tunis (TUN-Tunis - Carthage Intl.), 4.1 mi (6.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Tunis
Cultural venues in the city include National Theatre of Tunisia, Bardo Museum, and Carthage Museum. Attractions like Dah Dah Happy Land Entertainment Park and Tunis Zoo are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Habib Bourguiba Avenue, Zitouna Mosque, and Bab el Bahr.
In Tunis, you'll be able to select from 260 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- La Chambre Bleue - Guests who stay at this 2.5-star guesthouse in Medina of Tunis can enjoy access to a library and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and central location.
- Dar Ben-Gacem - Our customers like the helpful staff at this guesthouse. This 4-star guesthouse in Medina of Tunis features free WiFi, a café, and concierge services.
- Dar Souad - With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to the airport.
Other favorite sights in Tunis include Carrefour Market, La Goulette Beach, and La Marsa Beach.
Getting Around Tunis
Head over to Palestine Metro Station to catch metro. If you'd like to venture out around the area, you may want a rental car for your journey.
Dressing for Tunis
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 67°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 45°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 81°F as the daytime average and 46°F as the nighttime average
- Tunis gets about 17.94 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 46°F