Visitors can enjoy all that Vallanes has to offer including its parks. In Vallanes, there are 6 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Egilsstadir (EGS), 7.9 mi (12.7 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Vallanes
A favorite place to visit in the city is Lagarfljot. You'll also find East Iceland Heritage Museum and Fardaga Waterfall in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Vallanes. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Kaldá Lyngholt Holiday Homes - This 3.5-star cottage features free WiFi, free parking, and a spa tub. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Skarðás Country Cabins - Our customers love the location at this cabin. This 3.5-star cabin features free WiFi, free parking, and a terrace.
- Eyjólfsstaðir Guesthouse Egilsstaðir - This 2.5-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Vallanes
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 36°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 26°F
- From April to June, the average is 49°F during the day and 28°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 37°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 43°F as the daytime average and 27°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Vallanes is 1.22 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 51°F, while March and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 26°F