Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Wapiti, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the parks. The scenic and relaxing setting also entices those visiting the city.
- You'll find 103 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Cody
- The closest major airport is in Cody, WY (COD-Yellowstone Regional), 38.5 mi (62 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Wapiti
The city's parks and mountain views provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Shoshone National Forest. Wildlife viewing is a top activity, and Sleeping Giant Winter Sports Area is one place to visit. Additionally, you might want to add Yellowstone National Park East Entrance to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 28 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Wapiti. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Historic Wapiti Lodge - With a stay at this 2-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a conference center, along with pillowtop beds. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its room size and location.
- Creekside Lodge at Yellowstone - Our customers like the helpful staff and room size at this resort. This 2.5-star resort features a restaurant, free parking, and a bar.
- Yellowstone Valley Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for Wapiti
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 15°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 30°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 65°F as the daytime average and 15°F as the nighttime average
- Wapiti gets about 10.51 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 17°F