Visiting West Glacier
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring West Glacier, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the glaciers. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its lakeside setting.
- You'll find 456 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Whitefish
- The closest major airport is in Kalispell, MT (FCA-Glacier Park Intl.), 29.9 mi (48.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in West Glacier
The glaciers and parks highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Lake McDonald, Bird Woman Falls, and Bob Marshall Wilderness Complex. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Mount Brown Lookout and Glacier National Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in West Glacier. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Glacier Guides Lodge - Amenities at this 3-star lodge include free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Glacier Outdoor Center - Our customers love the quiet location and comfortable rooms at this cabin. With a stay at this 3.5-star cabin, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a café, along with an in-room fireplace.
- Great Northern Resort - With a stay at this 3.5-star cabin, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a café, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers love its overall value and comfortable rooms.
Getting Around West Glacier
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at West Glacier Station. West Glacier might not have very many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for West Glacier
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 15°F
- From April to June, the average is 76°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 33°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 63°F as the daytime average and 20°F as the nighttime average
- About 15.43 inches of rain falls on West Glacier each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 18°F