Travelers to Zihuatanejo give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its shopping and local tours. Top sights around the area include La Ropa Beach and Potosi Refuge.
- You'll find 202 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo
- The closest major airport is in Ixtapa, Guerrero (ZIH-Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo Intl.), 6.6 mi (10.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Zihuatanejo
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: La Ropa Beach, Principal Beach, and La Madera Beach. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Municipal Market is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Fisherman's Walk and Kioto Plaza.
In Zihuatanejo, there are 87 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- La Casa Que Canta - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a restaurant, along with a free stocked minibar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and room size.
- Casa Cuitlateca - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Tentaciones Hotel & Lounge Pool - Adults Only - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Potosi Refuge, 9 mi/14.5 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Zihuatanejo
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 72°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 73°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 75°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 90°F and nighttime averages of 72°F
- Average annual rainfall for Zihuatanejo is 58.11 inches
- Usually June and August are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and March are often coldest, averaging 72°F