Due to an unforseen change in our itinerary,hotel allowed us to move our reservation from Monday night to Sunday night at no extra cost which they need not have done.Hotel locator shows hotel to be only 2 or 3 minutes from the train station but the Spanish Railway have relocated the station about 1.5 km away so be warned if travelling by trainThe price we paid for a three bedded room was very reasoneble.
WOPPY from TAMWORTH ENGLAND
Occupying a prime location in the city centre, and the perfect choice for business or recreation, the Hotel Costa Verde in …More
"Very pleased with the hotel, Met all of our needs"
We stayed at the Asturias for a sporting event in which my husband participated. The hotel staff was very accommodating and helped us in many ways, especially providing information and answering questions about the area. The room was clean and well kept. The beds were very firm which suited us but may not satisfy everyone. When we left the window open there was quite a bit of street traffic noise but with the window closed very quiet.
Beautiful ocean view and convenient location. We would definitely stay in this hotel again if we were able to arrange a reasonable price, as we did this time through Expedia.
J from North Carolina
The Principe de Asturias Hotel is in the heart of Gijon. It offers an ideal location in the middle of beautiful San Lorenzo Bay.More
We'd decided to stop off in Gijón for a single night to break up a very long drive across Spain and were simply not prepared for how lovely Son de Mar would be. The rural setting was lovely, the host(s) were friendly and tolerant of my questionable grasp of Spanish. They even sat and went over a bus timetable with us to figure out the best way to get to & from the city centre.
The room itself was great - spotlessly clean and quirky decor with loads of character. The view of the garden that the room opened out on to was also gorgeous. Breakfast was tasty and included the best orange juice I've ever tried. Really can't recommend this place enough.
S from Scotland
Situated near the beach in Villaviciosa, this apartment is in the same area as El Molinon, San Lorenzo Beach and Plaza Mayor …More
The Hotel is a very convenient distance from the port of Gijon if you travelled by ferry, only 35 minutes transfer by car.
The hotel is very pretty from the outside and it offers good facilities for breakfast etc considering you're in a self catering apartment.
Thinks that are good about the location and apartments;
1. Good access to excellent Beaches and town Villaviciosa (5 to 20 mins by car)
2. Easy access and parking
3. Apartments on the second floor are spacious and well decorated. (Two separate bedrooms or more, we were moved to the first floor after one week which only had one bedroom and smaller living space)
4. Friendly staff. (Only one lady spoke English so this was a bit of a struggle)
reas for improvement;
1. The mattresses were to hard and I didn't get one good nights sleep. (Dead arm when sleeping on side)
2. When on the ground floor, our Spanish guests tend to go to bed late (midnight or later, 2 different couples, showers at 12:30) , make a lot of noise and this woke our two and half year old up many times
3. None of the information provided in the rooms was available in English so this proved challenging
4. Equipment in the kitchens was lacking, no peeler, kettle, toaster or vegetable/pasta drainer and knifes were blunt and bent.
5.Small point but a apartment for four beds only have towel hanging space for 3 towels which is a bit annoying.
6. Air con didn't work after several requests in two apartments.
Phil from Fleet
Situated on the riverwalk, this apartment is close to El Gaitero. Area attractions also include Monastery of Valdedios.More