Visitors can enjoy all that Amatlan has to offer including the spas, mountain views, and festivals. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its restaurants. Top sights around the area include Palace of Cortes Museum and Robert Brady Museum.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in Amatlan
- The closest major airport is in Mexico City, Distrito Federal (MEX-Mexico City Intl.), 32.4 mi (52.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Amatlan
A favorite place to visit in the city is Earliest 16th Century Monasteries on the Slopes of Popocatepetl. Additionally, in the area you'll find Palace of Cortes Museum and Robert Brady Museum.
Here's a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Hostal de la Luz - This 4-star hotel features 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and free breakfast. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
Dressing for Amatlan
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 88°F and the nighttime average to be 52°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 60°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 58°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 80°F during the day and 53°F at night
- About 14.17 inches of rain falls on Amatlan each year
- Hottest months are usually April and May with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 53°F