History buffs enjoy visiting Anuradhapura though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples, archaeological sites, and monuments. Top sights in the city include Ruwanwelisaya and Thuparamaya. In Anuradhapura, there are 101 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Anuradhapura
Cultural venues in the city include Jetawanaramaya Museum, Anuradhapura Archaeological Museum, and Anuradhapura Folk Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Ruwanwelisaya, Thuparamaya, and Isurumuniya Vihara. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Jetavanaramaya and Brazen Palace.
In Anuradhapura, there are 101 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Kutumbaya Resort - This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and overall value.
- Milano Tourist Rest - Our customers like the dining options and quiet location at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- The Sanctuary at Tissawewa - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its room size and location.
Dressing for Anuradhapura
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 91°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 72°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 76°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 76°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 73°F as the nighttime average
- About 2.44 inches of rain falls on Anuradhapura each year
- April and March are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 72°F