Travelers to Aspen give high marks for the ski areas and magnificent mountain views. This city also attracts tourists with its riverfront and live music. Top sights in the city include Aspen Mountain, Aspen Highlands, and Buttermilk Mountain.
- There are 382 hotels and other accommodations in Aspen
- The closest major airport is in Aspen, CO (ASE-Pitkin County), 3.2 mi (5.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Vail, CO (EGE-Eagle County Regional), 31.5 mi (50.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Aspen
Well-known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Wheeler Opera House, Aspen Art Museum, and Isis Theatre. The city is notable for landmarks like The John Denver Sanctuary, Mill Street Fountain, and Independence. The mountain views, hiking trails, and riverfront highlight the city's natural beauty, and Wagner Park, Independence Pass, and Hunter Creek Trailhead are worth a visit.
In Aspen, you'll find 382 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Little Nell - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Downtown can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and central location.
- Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to shopping at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Downtown can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with pillowtop beds.
- The Snow Queen Lodge - With a stay at this 3-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. Expedia customers like its central location and room size.
Other favorite sights in Aspen include Aspen Mountain, Aspen Highlands, and Buttermilk Mountain. Top places to visit in the area include Snowmass Mountain, located 7.1 mi (11.4 km) from the city center, and Crested Butte Mountain Resort, which is 21.6 mi (34.8 km) away.
Dressing for Aspen
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 49°F during the day and 9°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 77°F, while the average at night is 23°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 79°F with nighttime averages of 35°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 64°F and nighttime averages of 9°F
- Aspen gets about 24.88 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 77°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 10°F