Visiting Big Bear Lake
Travelers to Big Bear Lake give high marks for the lakeside setting, ski areas, and magnificent mountain views. This quaint city also attracts tourists with its breweries. Top sights in the city include Snow Summit, Bear Mountain, and Lake Arrowhead Village.
- There are 1802 hotels and other accommodations in Big Bear Lake
- The closest major airport is in San Bernardino, CA (SBD-San Bernardino Intl.), 21.6 mi (34.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Palm Springs, CA (PSP-Palm Springs Intl.), 37.1 mi (59.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Big Bear Lake
Attractions like Alpine Slide at Magic Mountain, SkyPark at Santa's Village, and Big Bear Alpine Zoo are fun for kids of all ages. Notable city landmarks like Big Bear Solar Observatory and United States Adaptive Recreation Center might be worth a visit. The lakeside, mountain views, and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty, and Lake Gregory, Swim Beach, and Meadow Park are worth a visit.
In Big Bear Lake, you'll be able to select from 1802 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- ALPENHORN BED AND BREAKFAST INN - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- The Club At Big Bear Village - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in The Village can enjoy access to free parking and a health club, along with free WiFi.
- Sky Forest Inn - This 3.5-star inn features free WiFi, free parking, and a business center. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in Big Bear Lake include Snow Summit, Bear Mountain, and Lake Arrowhead Village. Outside the city, popular places to visit include Desert Hills Premium Outlets, located 22.6 mi (36.4 km) from the city center, and National Orange Show Events Center, which is 24.4 mi (39.2 km) away.
Dressing for Big Bear Lake
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 55°F and the nighttime average to be 21°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 26°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 37°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 21°F at night
- About 19.95 inches of rain falls on Big Bear Lake each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 22°F