Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Brunswick, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. Top sights in the city include Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay, Driftwood Beach, and Saint Simons Island Pier.
- There are 1176 hotels and other accommodations in Brunswick
- The closest major airport is in Brunswick, GA (BQK-Golden Isles), 7.4 mi (11.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Jacksonville, FL (JAX-Jacksonville Intl.), 46.8 mi (75.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Brunswick
Cultural venues in the city include St. Simons Lighthouse Museum, St. Marys Submarine Museum, and SoGlo Gallery Brunswick Actors' Theatre. Families come for attractions such as Georgia Sea Turtle Center, Summer Waves Water Park, and Sapelo Island National Estuarine Research Reserve. The city is notable for landmarks like Horton House, Great Dunes Park, and Hofwyl-Broadfield Plantation Historic Site.
In Brunswick, there are 1176 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Darien Waterfront Inn - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brunswick/Golden Isles - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Ocean Lodge - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Other favorite sights in Brunswick include Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay, Driftwood Beach, and Saint Simons Island Pier.
Dressing for Brunswick
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 72°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 42°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 55°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 68°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 82°F as the daytime average and 43°F as the nighttime average
- Brunswick gets about 45.00 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 44°F