Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Calabasas, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants, and beaches. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its cafés. J. Paul Getty Museum, Santa Monica Pier, and Venice Beach are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 2643 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Los Angeles
- The closest major airport is in Van Nuys, CA (VNY), 10.5 mi (16.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Santa Monica, CA (SMO-Santa Monica Municipal), 14.8 mi (23.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Calabasas
A favorite place to visit in the city is Anthony C Beilenson Interagency Visitor Center. In the area, you'll also find J. Paul Getty Museum and Santa Monica Pier.
Below is a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hilton Garden Inn Calabasas - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its comfortable rooms and walkable location.
Top places to see outside the city include Venice Beach, 15.2 mi/24.4 km from the heart of the city, and Universal Studios Hollywood®, which is 16.9 mi (27.2 km) away.
Dressing for Calabasas
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 74°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 41°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 93°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 86°F as the daytime average and 40°F as the nighttime average
- About 0.79 inches of rain falls on Calabasas each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 42°F