Travelers to Capitola give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. Walkable and quaint, this city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, Mystery Spot, and Main Beach are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 199 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Santa Cruz
- The closest major airport is in Watsonville, CA (WVI-Watsonville Municipal), 9.7 mi (15.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Jose, CA (RHV-Reid Hillview), 26 mi (41.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Capitola
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Capitola Beach and New Brighton State Beach. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Capitola Mercantile is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Capitola Historical Museum and Capitola Wharf.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Capitola. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Inn at Depot Hill - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and helpful staff.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Santa Cruz - Capitola - Our customers like the pool and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Monarch Cove Inn - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, 3.7 mi/5.9 km from the heart of the city, and Mystery Spot, which is 3.9 mi/6.2 km away.
Dressing for Capitola
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 68°F and the nighttime average to be 41°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 76°F during the day and 45°F at night
- July through September averages 77°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 75°F during the day and 41°F at night
- Capitola gets about 30.83 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually September and August with an average temperature of 76°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 42°F