Cherokee Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are 24 low-cost motels in Cherokee among the more than 839 hotels and other lodging choices. These budget-friendly accommodations can help you cut costs when compared with traditional hotels, which have more amenities but ones you may never use.
Because you'll save on your room, you can enjoy more of what Cherokee has to offer. Not-to-be-missed sights include Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Great Smoky Mountains Railroad, and Cataloochee Ski Area.
Fun fact: Motels made their debut in the 1920s as a convenient place to stay for the weary traveler taking a road trip along the major roadways of America. Motel properties often have free parking, and many also include an outdoor pool.
Here are some of Expedia customers' recommended Cherokee motels to choose from:
- Stay within a quick 1-minute drive of Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Days Inn by Wyndham Cherokee Near Casino
- An outdoor pool along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- It's located within a short 6-minute drive of Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
Qualla Cabins and Motel near Cherokee Casino
- Enjoy access to the casino, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- Stay within a short 6-minute drive of Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- It's located within a 20-minute drive of Great Smoky Mountains National Park and Cataloochee Ski Area.
- Free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities are available during your stay.
Ramada by Wyndham Maggie Valley
- Stay within a 20-minute drive of Great Smoky Mountains National Park and Cataloochee Ski Area.
- Enjoy access to the indoor pool, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
What to Do in Cherokee
Enjoy the scenic riverfront and majestic mountain landscape in this quaint area while you're sightseeing. Visitors like Cherokee for the theater scene, museums, and waterfalls.
Here are some popular places:
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Great Smoky Mountains Railroad
- Cataloochee Ski Area
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Oconaluftee Islands Park
- Cooper Creek Trout Farm & Pond
- Mingo Falls
You'll find these family-friendly attractions:
- Santa's Land Family Theme Park and Zoo
- Bryson City Gem Mine
- Cherokee Bear Zoo
Best Time to Visit Cherokee
Figure out the ideal time to visit Cherokee by checking the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically August and July, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 64° F and nighttime temperatures average 23° F
- April-June: 83° F is the daytime average and 35° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 84° F and nighttime averages are around 48° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 73° F during the day and 24° F at night
- Average rainfall is 54.21 inches in a year
How to Get to Cherokee and Around the Area
|Knoxville, TN (TYS-McGhee Tyson) ||Airport ||43.9 mi (70.6 km) |
|Asheville, NC (AVL-Asheville Regional) ||Airport ||44.2 mi (71.1 km) |