Find Hotels in Colchester, CT
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Oct 26, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 30, 2020
Visitors can enjoy all that Colchester has to offer including the restaurants, shopping, and wineries. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks and museums. Top sights in the area include Bushnell Park, Mark Twain House, and Lake Compounce.
- You'll find 138 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Hartford
- The closest major airport is in Hartford, CT (HFD-Hartford - Brainard), 20.3 mi (32.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in New London, CT (GON-Groton - New London), 21.9 mi (35.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Colchester
The picturesque setting of Day Pond State Park and Devils Hopyard State Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Colchester Historical Society Museum and Priam Vineyards.
As you start planning for your getaway to Colchester, you might not find accommodations centrally located, but you can choose from 253 lodging options within the bigger area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Mohegan Sun is 13.7 mi (22.1 km) from the center of Colchester. This 4.5-star resort in Montville features a full-service spa, a golf course, and a casino. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
- The Fox Tower at Foxwoods is located 20.9 mi (33.7 km) from the heart of Colchester. This 4-star resort in Mashantucket features a full-service spa, a golf course, and a casino. Our customers like its overall condition and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Bellissimo Grande Hotel is 24.3 mi (39.1 km) from central Colchester. This 3.5-star hotel in North Stonington features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and central location.
Dressing for Colchester
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 17°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 67°F as the daytime average and 18°F as the nighttime average
- Colchester gets about 48.43 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 19°F