Visiting Cripple Creek
History buffs will enjoy exploring Cripple Creek, and visitors give high marks for the casinos. Quaint and welcoming, this city attracts tourists with its riverfront and mountain views. Pikes Peak, Manitou Springs Cave Dwellings, and Cave of the Winds are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 556 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Colorado Springs
- The closest major airport is in Colorado Springs, CO (COS), 25.9 mi (41.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Cripple Creek
Cultural venues in the city include Old Homestead House Museum, Butte Theater, and Cripple Creek and Victor Narrow Gauge Railroad. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are The Brass Ass Casino and Outlaws & Lawmen Jail Museum.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 20 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Cripple Creek. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Cripple Creek Hospitality House & Travel Park - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Century Casino & Hotel Cripple Creek - Our customers like the overall value and central location at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a casino, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Midnight Rose & McGills Hotel & Casino - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a casino and 4 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
Top places to visit around the area include Pikes Peak, 9.7 mi/15.5 km from the heart of the city, and Manitou Springs Cave Dwellings, which is 16.3 mi (26.3 km) away.
Dressing for Cripple Creek
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 11°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 24°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 34°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 67°F as the daytime average and 11°F as the nighttime average
- Cripple Creek gets about 9.76 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 12°F