Visiting Culver City
History buffs will enjoy exploring Culver City, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants, and entertainment choices. This city also attracts tourists with its art, beaches, and theaters. Around the area, top sights include Sony Pictures Studios, Venice Beach, and Santa Monica Pier.
- You'll find 2643 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Los Angeles
- The closest major airport is in Santa Monica, CA (SMO-Santa Monica Municipal), 3.2 mi (5.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Los Angeles, CA (LAX-Los Angeles Intl.), 4 mi (6.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Culver City
The city is known for its art, theaters, and opera, along with cultural venues like Sony Pictures Animation. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Westfield Culver City Shopping Center is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Sony Pictures Studios and Baldwin Hills Scenic Overlook.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Culver City. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Mayumi - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- The Culver Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a nightclub.
- Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Westside - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and overall value.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Venice Beach, 4.6 mi/7.4 km from the city center, and Santa Monica Pier, which is 5.7 mi (9.1 km) away.
Dressing for Culver City
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 64°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 51°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 53°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 70°F as the daytime average and 51°F as the nighttime average
- About 12.09 inches of rain falls on Culver City each year
- September and August are usually the hottest months averaging 70°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 51°F