History buffs will enjoy exploring Fredericksburg, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its theaters and university setting. A top sight in the city is Fredericksburg Area Museum and Cultural Center.
- There are 44 hotels and other accommodations in Fredericksburg
- The closest major airport is in Manassas, VA (MNZ-Manassas Regional), 29.3 mi (47.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Washington, DC (DCA-Ronald Reagan Washington National), 44 mi (70.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Fredericksburg
The city is well known for its theaters and cultural venues like Fredericksburg Area Museum and Cultural Center and United States National Slavery Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Hugh Mercer Apothecary Shop, Mary Washington House, and Rising Sun Tavern. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Spotsylvania Towne Centre is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 44 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Fredericksburg. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Braehead Manor - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Hyatt Place Fredericksburg at Mary Washington - Our customers like the central location and clean rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool.
- Residence Inn by Marriott Fredericksburg - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
Getting Around Fredericksburg
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Fredericksburg Station. Fredericksburg may not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Fredericksburg
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 65°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 22°F
- From April to June, the average is 90°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 75°F as the daytime average and 23°F as the nighttime average
- About 42.91 inches of rain falls on Fredericksburg each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 24°F