Visiting Glen Rose
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Glen Rose, and all visitors are sure to appreciate the parks. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, riverfront, and golf courses.
- You'll find 61 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Granbury
- The closest major airport is in Fort Worth, TX (FTW-Meacham Intl.), 46.7 mi (75.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Glen Rose
The parks and hiking trails exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Dinosaur Valley State Park and Fossil Rim Wildlife Center. Additionally, you might want to add Dinosaur World to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Glen Rose. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Inn On The River - This 3.5-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Glen Rose - Our customers like the location and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Comfort Inn & Suites near Comanche Peak - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Dressing for Glen Rose
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 72°F during the day and 29°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 94°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 96°F with nighttime averages of 58°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 82°F and nighttime averages of 29°F
- About 33.86 inches of rain falls on Glen Rose each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 95°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 32°F