Visiting Grande Prairie
Visitors give high marks for the shopping in Grande Prairie, which is also known for its entertainment choices and spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theaters, safari tours, and university setting.
- There are 36 hotels and other accommodations in Grande Prairie
- The closest major airport is in Grande Prairie, AB (YQU), 2.4 mi (3.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Grande Prairie
The city's cultural venues include Revolution Place and South Peace Centennial Museum and interpretive Centre. Notable city landmarks like Cornerstone Pentecostal Assembly and Alliance Community Fellowship might be worth a visit. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Prairie Mall Shopping Centre and Gateway Power Centre.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 36 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Grande Prairie. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Encore Suites by Service Plus Inns - This 3-star hotel features a casino, free breakfast, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
- Ramada by Wyndham Clairmont/Grande Prairie - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to shopping at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Redwood Inn & Suites - Grande Prairie - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and clean, quiet rooms.
Dressing for Grande Prairie
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 42°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around -5°F
- From April to June, the average is 70°F during the day and 21°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 72°F during the day and 34°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 55°F as the daytime average and -3°F as the nighttime average
- Grande Prairie gets about 17.58 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 70°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -1°F