Families will find kid-friendly activities in Greensboro, and visitors give high marks for the live music scene, college vibe, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its museums, theaters, and sporting events. Top sights in the city include Greensboro Coliseum and Greensboro Science Center.
- There are 172 hotels and other accommodations in Greensboro
- The closest major airport is in Greensboro, NC (GSO-Piedmont Triad Intl.), 8.5 mi (13.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Winston-Salem, NC (INT-Smith Reynolds), 24.8 mi (39.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Greensboro
Known for its live music, museums, and theaters, the city's cultural venues include Greensboro Science Center, Carolina Theatre, and Greensboro Children's Museum. Families come for attractions such as Wet n Wild Emerald Pointe Water Park, Celebration Station, and Safari Nation. The city is notable for landmarks like Guilford Courthouse National Military Park, Castle McCulloch, and Blandwood Mansion.
In Greensboro, there are 172 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Acorn Inn - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Drury Inn & Suites Burlington - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and an indoor pool.
- Hilton Garden Inn Greensboro Airport - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to the airport.
Other top sights in Greensboro include Greensboro Coliseum. Top places to visit around the area include Caraway Speedway, located 21.9 mi (35.2 km) from the heart of the city, and Asheboro Country Club, which is 25.1 mi/40.3 km away.
Getting Around Greensboro
If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Greensboro Station, High Point Station, or Burlington Station. Greensboro might not have very many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Greensboro
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 66°F during the day and 29°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 43°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 55°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 75°F and nighttime averages of 30°F
- Greensboro gets about 42.20 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 31°F