Travelers to Ithaca give high marks for the college vibe, beautiful waterfalls, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its theaters, entertainment choices, and shopping. Top sights in the city include Ithaca Commons, Cascades Indoor Waterpark, and Greek Peak Mountain Resort.
- There are 111 hotels and other accommodations in Ithaca
- The closest major airport is in Ithaca, NY (ITH-Tompkins Regional), 4.2 mi (6.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Cortland, NY (CTX-Cortland County), 17.9 mi (28.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ithaca
Known for its theaters, live music, and festivals, the city's cultural venues include State Theatre of Ithaca, Sciencenter, and Hangar Theatre. Attractions like Cascades Indoor Waterpark, EcoVillage at Ithaca, and Puddledockers are fun for kids of all ages. The waterfalls and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Cayuga Lake, Skaneateles Lake, and Buttermilk Falls State Park.
In Ithaca, there are 111 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Statler Hotel at Cornell University - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Cornell Botanic Gardens can enjoy access to 4 restaurants and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- La Tourelle - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Argos Inn - With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its WiFi and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Ithaca include Ithaca Commons and Greek Peak Mountain Resort. In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Watkins Glen State Park, located 19.5 mi (31.4 km) from the heart of the city, and Watkins Glen International, which is 22.8 mi (36.6 km) away.
Dressing for Ithaca
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 48°F during the day and 15°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 79°F, while the average at night is 29°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 43°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 65°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- Average annual rainfall for Ithaca is 37.28 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 79°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 16°F