History buffs will enjoy exploring Johnstown, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its monuments, festivals, and museums.
- There are 79 hotels and other accommodations in Johnstown
- The closest major airport is in Johnstown, PA (JST-John Murtha Johnstown - Cambria County), 4.4 mi (7.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Indiana, PA (IDI-Indiana County - Jimmy Stewart), 23.3 mi (37.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Johnstown
Known for its festivals, museums, and live music, the city's cultural venues include Johnstown Flood Museum, Somerset Historical Center, and Heritage Discovery Center. Its monuments and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Quecreek Mine Rescue Site, The Coffee Pot, and Somerset County Courthouse. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hiking trails and these places to visit: Shawnee State Park, Somerset County Memorial Park, and Laurel Hill State Park.
In Johnstown, there are 79 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Quill Haven Country Inn Bed and Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its WiFi and proximity to shopping.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Somerset - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and clean, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Omni Bedford Springs Resort - With a stay at this 4.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a golf course, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Seven Springs Mountain Resort, located 28.9 mi (46.5 km) from the heart of the city.
Getting Around Johnstown
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Johnstown Station. Johnstown might not have very many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Johnstown
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 50°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 18°F
- From April to June, the average is 77°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 63°F as the daytime average and 19°F as the nighttime average
- About 41.14 inches of rain falls on Johnstown each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 77°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 20°F