Travelers to Medellin give high marks for the lively bar scene, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its cafés, entertainment choices, and local tours. Top sights in the city include Atanasio Giradot Stadium, Park of Lights, and Botero Plaza.
- There are 827 hotels and other accommodations in Medellin
- The closest major airport is in Medellin (MDE-Jose Maria Cordova Intl.), 12.2 mi (19.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Medellin
Cultural venues in the city include Jose Gutierrez Gomez Medellin Metropolitan Theatre, Medellin's Museum of Modern Art, and Antioquia Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Botero Plaza, Palacio de la Cultura, and Pueblito Paisa. The city's natural beauty is on display at Park of Lights, Lleras Park, and Arvi Park.
In Medellin, you'll be able to select from 827 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Patio del Mundo - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast in El Poblado features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and helpful staff.
- Foresta Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel in El Poblado features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Hotel Parque Del Rio - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Laureles - Estadio can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and quiet location.
Other favorite sights in Medellin include Atanasio Giradot Stadium, Santa Fe Mall, and Rock of Guatape.
Getting Around Medellin
You can take advantage of metro transit at Industriales Station, Estadio Station, and Exposiciones Station. If you'd like to venture out around the area, you may want a rental car for your journey.
Dressing for Medellin
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 85°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 60°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 59°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 59°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 82°F as the daytime average and 61°F as the nighttime average
- About 4.53 inches of rain falls on Medellin each year
- March and April are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while June and July are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 59°F