Visiting Mill Valley
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Mill Valley, and visitors give high marks for the beautiful forests and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Top sights around the area include Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz Island, and Palace of Fine Arts.
- There are 21 hotels and other accommodations in Mill Valley
- The closest major airport is in Novato, CA (NOT-Gnoss Field), 16.2 mi (26.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Francisco, CA (SFO-San Francisco Intl.), 21.9 mi (35.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mill Valley
Cultural venues in the city include Throckmorton Theater, Marin Theatre Company, and Mountain Play Theatre. The forests and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Muir Woods, Old Mill Park, and Muir Woods National Monument. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Lytton Square is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Mill Valley. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Mill Valley Inn - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its clean, comfortable rooms and bathrooms.
- Acqua Hotel - Our customers like the central location and room size at this hotel. Amenities in this 3-star hotel room include free wired Internet.
- Holiday Inn Express Mill Valley San Francisco Area - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Golden Gate Bridge, 7.7 mi/12.4 km from the city center, and Alcatraz Island, which is 8.8 mi/14.2 km away.
Dressing for Mill Valley
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 66°F during the day and 41°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 82°F, while the average at night is 45°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 79°F and nighttime averages of 41°F
- Mill Valley gets about 47.44 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 42°F