Visitors can enjoy all that Minamiaso has to offer including the theaters and museums. In Minamiaso, there are 9 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Kumamoto (KMJ), 10.4 mi (16.8 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Minamiaso
Cultural venues in the city include Aso Hakusuigo Museum, Aso Highland Museum Park, and Aso Sarumawashi Theater. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Hogihogi Shrine and Shirakawa Springs.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Minamiaso. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Bettei Soan - With a stay at this 3.5-star ryokan, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a spa tub, along with an in-room refrigerator. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
- Hotel Yumeshizuku - Our customers like the dining options and helpful staff at this ryokan. Amenities at this 3.5-star ryokan include a restaurant and free parking.
- Luna Observatory Auberge Mori No Atelier - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and location.
Getting Around Minamiaso
To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Akamizu station or Tateno station. Minamiaso might not have very many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Minamiaso
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 63°F and the nighttime average to be 35°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 61°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 37°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Minamiaso is 1.54 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 37°F