Visitors to Kikuchi are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. In Kikuchi, there are 3 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Kumamoto (KMJ), 10.8 mi (17.4 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Saga (HSG-Ariake Saga), 33.9 mi (54.5 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Kikuchi
A couple of favorite places to visit are Kikuchi Onsen and Kikuchi Shrine. Additionally, you'll find Kikuchi Castle and Aso Farm Land in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Kikuchi, the best accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 14 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Kikuchi Kanko Hotel is 2.3 mi (3.7 km) from the center of Kikuchi. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Kikuchi can enjoy access to free parking and an in-room refrigerator.
- Kikuchi Grand Hotel is 2.2 mi (3.6 km) from central Kikuchi. This 3-star hotel in Hanabatacho features free WiFi, spa services, and parking. Our customers like its overall value and room size.
- Mochizuki Ryokan is located 2.3 mi (3.8 km) from the heart of Kikuchi. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Hanabatacho can enjoy access to a restaurant and parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Dressing for Kikuchi
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 63°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 35°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 61°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 77°F as the daytime average and 37°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.54 inches of rain falls on Kikuchi each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 37°F