Visitors can enjoy all that Aso has to offer including the golf courses, mountain views, and spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theme park and zoo.
- There are 15 hotels and other accommodations in Aso
- The closest major airport is in Kumamoto (KMJ), 16.1 mi (25.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Aso
Attractions like Cuddly Dominion, Hanaasobi Garden, and Aso Farm Land are fun for kids of all ages. The city's natural beauty is on display at Daikanbo, Aso National Park, and Mount Aso. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Sensuikyou Ropeway and Mount Aso.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Aso. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Sozankyo - This 3.5-star ryokan features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- EL PATIO RANCH - Our customers like the helpful staff at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 2.5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a spa tub, along with free WiFi.
- Aso Plaza Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Getting Around Aso
If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from Aso station, Miyaji station, or Akamizu station. Aso may not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Aso
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 63°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 46°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 61°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 77°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- Aso gets about 1.54 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 37°F