Visiting Mission Viejo
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Mission Viejo, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its shopping, beaches, and spas. Top sights around the area include Main Beach Park, Huntington State Beach, and Irvine Spectrum Center.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in Mission Viejo
- The closest major airport is in Orange County, CA (SNA-John Wayne), 12.8 mi (20.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fullerton, CA (FUL-Fullerton Municipal), 25.9 mi (41.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mission Viejo
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and The Shops at Mission Viejo is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Marguerite Aquatic Complex and Saddleback College.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Mission Viejo. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Mission Viejo - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Ayres Suites Mission Viejo - Our customers like the overall value and quiet location at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo - This 3.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant. Expedia customers like its overall value and comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Main Beach Park, located 8.9 mi (14.3 km) from the heart of the city, and Huntington State Beach, which is 18.3 mi/29.4 km away.
Dressing for Mission Viejo
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 68°F and the nighttime average to be 47°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 59°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 78°F during the day and 46°F at night
- Mission Viejo gets about 13.66 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 47°F