Travelers to Niagara-on-the-Lake give high marks for the array of wineries, lakeside setting, and popular theater scene. This city also attracts tourists with its waterfalls, festivals, and entertainment choices. Around the area, top sights include American Falls, Niagara Falls State Park, and Bridal Veil Falls.
- You'll find 473 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Niagara Falls, Canada
- The closest major airport is in Niagara Falls, NY (IAG-Niagara Falls Intl.), 12.6 mi (20.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Buffalo, NY (BUF-Buffalo Niagara Intl.), 28.1 mi (45.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Niagara-on-the-Lake
Known for its theaters, festivals, and opera, the city's cultural venues include Court House Theatre, Royal George Theatre, and Niagara Apothecary a Pharmacy Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and these places to visit: Simcoe Park, Two Mile Creek Conservation Area, and Niagara River Gorge. Top activities include wine tasting and taking local tours, while Niagara-on-the-Lake Golf Club, Jackson-Triggs Winery, and Peller Estates Winery are favorite sights to visit.
In Niagara-on-the-Lake, you'll be able to select from 140 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- On the 6 Bed and Breakfast - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable beds.
- Historic Davy House Bed & Breakfast Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and proximity to shopping at this B&B. Guests who stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast in Old Town Historic District can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace.
- Panache Bed and Breakfast - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to visit outside the city include American Falls, located 11.8 mi (18.9 km) from the city center, and Niagara Falls State Park, which is 11.9 mi/19.1 km away.
Dressing for Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 48°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 18°F
- From April to June, the average is 78°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 67°F as the daytime average and 20°F as the nighttime average
- Niagara-on-the-Lake gets about 1.22 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 20°F