Visiting Ontario Village
Visitors to Ontario Village are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 97 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Belmopan (BCV-Hector Silva), 8 mi (12.9 km) from the city center. The next closest is in San Ignacio (CYD-Town Airstrip), 16.3 mi (26.2 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Ontario Village
Places to visit in the larger region include Actun Tunichil Muknal Archaeological Reserve, Isidoro Beaton Stadium, and Barton Creek Cave Reserve. Additionally, you'll find 96 Orchid Garden and Belize Archives and Records Department in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Ontario Village, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 25 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the area:
- Cahal Pech Village Resort is 13.2 mi (21.2 km) from the center of Ontario Village. Guests who stay at this 3-star resort in San Ignacio can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a restaurant, along with a private balcony. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and pool.
- Sleeping Giant Rainforest Lodge is located 16.7 mi (26.8 km) from the heart of Ontario Village. This 3.5-star resort in Belmopan features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free parking. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Midas Belize is 12.5 mi (20.1 km) from central Ontario Village. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in San Ignacio can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Dressing for Ontario Village
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 85°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 67°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 73°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 67°F as the nighttime average
- Ontario Village gets about 75.00 inches of rain per year
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 68°F