Visiting Palm Desert
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Palm Desert, and visitors give high marks for the pristine golf courses. Tourists who journey to this relaxing city can discover its zoo, live music, and seafood restaurants. River, Living Desert Zoo and Gardens, and Indian Wells Tennis Garden are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 1849 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Palm Springs
- The closest major airport is in Bermuda Dunes, CA (UDD), 6.6 mi (10.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Palm Springs, CA (PSP-Palm Springs Intl.), 10.1 mi (16.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Palm Desert
Well known for its live music, theaters, and festivals, the city's cultural venues include Adagio Galleries and McCallum Theatre. Golfing is a top activity, and Desert Willow Golf Resort is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Living Desert Zoo and Gardens and El Paseo Shopping District.
In Palm Desert, you'll be able to select from 279 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Embarc Palm Desert - With a stay at this 4.5-star condo resort, guests can enjoy access to 4 outdoor pools and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its proximity to shopping and comfortable rooms.
- Hotel Paseo, Autograph Collection by Marriott - Our customers like the proximity to shopping and comfortable beds at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Palm Desert - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include River, 2.1 mi/3.4 km from the heart of the city, and Indian Wells Tennis Garden, which is 4.3 mi (7 km) away.
Dressing for Palm Desert
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 44°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 106°F, while the average at night is 58°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 108°F with nighttime averages of 69°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 97°F and nighttime averages of 44°F
- About 2.36 inches of rain falls on Palm Desert each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 107°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 45°F